Let’s talk about events! Business events, networking events, business trainings, online events, webinars, or any of the other possible events you may use as part of your business marketing or sales strategy. One of the the key steps to having successful events is what you do to promote that event both online and offline.
Watch the latest video of “The Social Media Minute” to get ideas on how to use twitter, Facebook, and Linkedin to promote your next event:
Let’s recap on how to use Twitter, Facebook, and Linkedin for your upcoming events:
1) Use status updates on Facebook and Linkedin leading up to the event. Many of your followers, friends, and connections will spread the word and promote for you! New connections will learn more about you and possibly attend the event.
2) Link the event before it happens with ALL the people and businesses associated with the event (anyone hosting, being a guest, or sponsoring the event). The more people that are linked in this event, the more traffic and awareness will be directed to it. We all want more buzz right? (You can link to other people in facebook simply by using the @ symbol. You must be facebook friends with them for this function to work.)
- If Square Martini Media was part of your event, you could include @SquareMartini in your tweets about the event.
- On facebook, you could include our facebook business page in your updates by using @squaremartini. This would link our business page to your update. You might also write on the Square Martini Media Facebook wall about the event.
- On Linkedin you can add the Square Martini Media founders as attending or presenting at your event.
3) “Tweet” to or “Invite” all your friends on twitter, Facebook and Linkedin. It helps spread the word and gives people time to plan to be there. The more people that commit to attend your event, the more virale buzz you create.
I hope you enjoyed the Social Media Minute and I look forward to your thoughts and comments. Please subscribe to the Square Martini Media YouTube channel and if you have a question you would like covered on the Social Media Minute, let us know by giving us your Social Media Minute Question.
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.