I just finished speaking at San Diego Social Media Breakfast. San Diego Social Media Breakfast meets every month to bring together the Social Media community to talk about social media strategy, case studies, best practices, and to network.
I spoke today about Boost Your Business Radio, Twitter Talk Radio, launching Blog World Radio last week at Blog World Expo, and using Twitter Talk Radio to learn from companies about social media strategy. I chose to speak about doing radio as part of Square Martini Media’s business strategy.
I discussed the reasons I do Twitter Talk Radio:
- To highlight great business cases and to encourage businesses to have confidence to use social media because of what they learn from listening.
- The promote show guests and give them high quality podcasts to share with their tribes.
- To foster my own social media education because it takes reading and studying every day to keep up with this fast moving industry.
- To network.
- To help others without regard to what I’m getting in return because I believe in Karma.
- To give back to the Social Media Industry and provide leadership as a Social Media Strategist. I don’t take my role in this industry lightly and you shouldn’t either. If you want to play in this space, I expect a lot out of you and I expect you to hold me to a high standard too.
I also talked about working with Rieva Lesonsky and her awesome brilliance in the small business space. It is my true honor to work with her. If you haven’t read Rieva’s material. Make sure you follow her on Twitter and read her work.
One of my favorite parts of the meeting is Erin Levinson‘s Top Ten list where she talks about the Top Ten mentionable events happening in the social media space. This week the 1st item on the Top Ten list was #beatcancer, the event at blog world where bloggers/tweeters broke a world record for the most tweets in 24 hours for a good cause.
Also on the Top Ten List was Employers Blocking Social Media Sites. We had a passionate discussion about this trend. I’ll be participating on a panel about this topic tomorrow at the San Diego Social Media Symposium.
Thanks to San Diego Social Media Breakfast for having me as a speaker. I always enjoy networking and I always learn something! Whether you are into Social Media Strategy in San Diego or your city and whether you are a business or just curious about social media, check out Social Media Breakfast. I guarantee you’ll have an interesting Cup o’ Joe! Social Media Breakfast was started by Bryan Person. Find a Social Media Breakfast in a city near you and join the fun!
Oh, and did I mention there was Hip Hop Dancing too? You can still enter you moves in the Altec Lansing Mix It Up Contest but be ready to be judged by Chamillionaire himself! In the words of @Mark Stuhmer on Twitter,