Remember eating sweet, refreshing watermelon on those hot summer nights as a child? The juice would drip down your chin and you’d suck out last drops from the white and green rind. Maybe you ate that watermelon slice under the 4th of July fireworks. Have you ever thought as you watched those bits of fire explode across the sky, how lucky you were to be eating that watermelon tasting of the succulent freedom that is the United States? The Revolution that is celebrated on the 4th of July brought us all these sweet memories and an impressive nation that grew from tiny colonies. Now that your tastes have matured into the ambitious adult that you are, consider taking on more mature tastes this 4th of July with our highly recommended watermelon martini; it’s full of that same sweet pink fruit juice that you remember but adds a little kick to your taste buds.
While you prepare and sip your martini, why not plan your own revolution? A business revolution? Consider revolutionizing the way to relate and communicate with your customers with social media. Why not look into posting YouTube videos where millions of viewers could see it? Look into picking the right title for your potential customers to find you easily. For examples, please view our own video series coming soon to the Square Martini YouTube Channel, “The Social Media Minute.” They should be helpful in providing ideas and techniques to film and post your own videos.
Don’t forget to enjoy your watermelon martini, ingredients complements of our friends at About.com and have a wonderful 4th of July with your family!
- 1 cup watermelon juice (press watermelon through a sieve or cheesecloth)
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) Vodka
- 1/4 cup simple syrup (sugar)
- juice of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons salt (optional)
- 3 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- Watermelon slices, handful of blueberries and thin white straw or American Flag for garnish (optional)
- Mix together the sugar and salt if using. Wet the rim of a chilled martini glass with a piece of watermelon. Dip the rim into the sugar and salt mixture. Repeat for other glass.
- Place the watermelon juice, vodka, lime juice, and simple syrup into a cocktail shaker. Top with ice. Shake well.
- Pour contents through strainer into martini glasses.
- Garnish with a wedge of watermelon, blueberries and white straw or American Flag for that 4th of July feel.
Enjoy and Drink Responsibly
If you enjoyed this martini recipe and YouTube Social Media tip you might also enjoy Boosting Your Social Media Strategy…With an April Fool’s Martini and Boosting Your Social Media Strategy…With a Candy Cane Martini.
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.