So, what does a Mother’s Day Martini (see recipe below) have to do with your social media strategy? Well, that depends on how you use it. But, if you read our Candy Cane Martini Post or the April Fool’s Martini Post you will know where we are heading!
A big part in making the perfect martini is about taking the time to measure! Too much Vodka or Gin to the wrong martini lover can send someone over the edge. And guess what? A big part in designing the perfect Social Media Strategy is about measuring!
There are so many ways you can measure a Social Media plan. One very simple yet often overlooked way is to simply make a martini! Tell me better way to clear your thoughts and look at something with a different point a view. I see this as 12 step process:
- Make your Mother’s Day Martini (recipe below)
- Take your first sip (You already feel better)
- Open your Google Analytics account
- Change the date range so you can see the last year of incoming traffic
- Take another sip from that cold Mother’s Day martini (notice we changed the date before the second sip)
- Review Traffic Sources then look at Keywords
- It’s time for another sip of that great martini!
- Take a moment and see what keywords are being used to find your website or blog
- Compare this to the Top Landing Pages
- Enjoy another sip and pick up your pen, keyboard, or iPad
- Take a few notes on the keywords and top posts
- Is it time to make another martini?
So what’s the point of this exercise? It’s all about measuring where your website or blog traffic is coming from. Identifying the keywords from your site traffic and comparing them to your keyword strategy. By doing this exercise you may see a few opportunities to write more about topics and less about others. You may discover a category or topic that you can dominate on Google, Yahoo, or Bing. Or you may just enjoy a fabulous martini! Either way Square Martini Media wishes for you a Happy Mother’s Day!
Periodically, we’ll offer you additional martini recipes to help you stop, take a pause and measure your social media campaigns. Measure? Yes, measure. We mean estimate the ROI and effectiveness of your social media strategies. If we don’t measure the effectiveness of our time spent on twitter, facebook, Linkedin, Blogging and maybe FourSquare then what is the point of all this Social Media Mumbo Jumbo anyway? For many clients it’s about increasing sales, driving more traffic, really connecting with your customers, or reaching out to new customers. Social Media can do all of this but we must have a strategy and we must measure our progress!
Here’s a recipe to get you started compliments of our friends from About.com
Mothers Day Martini
1 3/4 oz vodka
1 oz sweet iced tea
1/4 oz fresh lemon juice
Lemon wedge for garnish
Add some berries, lavender, essence of rose or rosemary to make this martini a little more light, fun and spring for Mom!
Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice cubes.
Strain into a chilled martini glass rimmed with sugar.
Maybe strain into a Mason Jar to give it a “Southern Charm”.
Garnish with the lemon wedge or sprig of lavender!
Enjoy! and Drink Responsibly!