Have you ever wanted to add a follow me on twitter badge or box on your facebook profile? For many facebook users the idea of having a twitter badge is enticing but the steps to do it can be a bit confusing. To make it easy for you I have listed 7 simple steps to add a follow me on twitter badge or box on your facebook profile below.
- Log on to facebook
- Search for “extended info” in the facebook search at the top right of your facebook profile. Extended info will be the first application listed. Click on View Application to the right. You will then land on the Extended Info facebook fan page. Click on the blue Go to Application box on the top left.
- You will now need to fill in some information in the Extended Info page.
- Add the image url, you can create your own follow me on twitter image or you can use this one. Just open the link in a new tab or window
- Copy link and past into the Image url
- Add the link url, my link url is http://www.twitter.com/alanunderkofler
- You can add a header or caption if you want. View my facebook profile to see how the header looks.
- Dimensions: You can change this if you want buy the default is set to add the follow me on twitter badge to the left sidebar on your facebook profile
- Save the changes
- The Extended Info application will then ask if you want to share this with your friends. If you decide to share the news it will show up on your news feed and you may attract a few new twitter followers.
- The next step is to add the badge to your profile. To do this look at the top right corner of the Extended Info Facebook Application for the blue Add to Profile box. Just click on the box, choose the Wall or Boxes tab, it will then show you where it will be placed on your facebook profile for your approval.
- The final step is to click on the link and make sure it goes to your twitter account.
If you found these seven steps helpful please help other facebook users my sharing this post on your facebook wall, tweeting this post on twitter, or stumbling it on StumbleUpon. You can do this with ease by using the share this button below.